Monday, March 16, 2009

Double Whammy

The past couple of weeks I've been watching Brinn carefully. I'm always very sensitive to any signs of autism that she may have. I've had one major concern and I have brought it to the attention of my family and Jason and we all have noticed it. Brinn doesn't respond to her name or noises made in order to get her attention. She also avoids eye contact most of the time. This was a sign Jaden had at her age. It worried Jason and I at the time, with Jaden, but we weren't sure because the delay in speech wasn't known for sure.

So now that we are seeing it in Brinn I'm a little sad. I hope I'm just ahead of myself but I don't want to be in denial either. So we've decided to watch her carefully for the next few months and to work hard with her on talking, listening, and eye contact. Then who knows we may have to sell the house to pay for both our kids' therapy. Life never gives you a holiday.

No comments: