Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Hiring and Advertising

So here is the scary part. I need to hire 4-5 people to work for me to do this ABA program. I called and talked to another mother who has been doing her program for 18 months now and got great tips and advise. So the things I had to do to get started was create a website that explains the job in detail so people know what they are applying for. I called BYU, U of U, and Westminster, and had all their psychology and special ed departments put up fliers and mass email their students about the job for me.

I hired the therapist who has been working with Jaden for the past 8 months from the school district. She is getting married and needs a little extra money since her future husband is still working on his undergraduate degree.

I have two interviews this week from psychology students from BYU and both seem very capable for the position.

But one question keeps bothering me. How am I suppose to interview people for a job I don't know how to do myself? So my personal qualifications are 'Can you stand to wear earplugs?' and 'are you a happy person?' I think that covers all the basics.

Now we need to sell the house so that we can continue to pay for this program not to mention Brinn RDI program.

Yikes!!!

No comments: