Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ability to pay the price

Nothing is more frustrating than to know there is something out there that can help or even heal your child but you can't afford to buy the treatment. It really gives you appreciation for science and teachers and what they have achieved but also the importance of using your money wisely and the purpose of this life.

I love that there are people out there who knew and were interested in the study and the psychology of learning disabilities. They have an understanding of how these children see their world and their reaction to it.

Money is the energy source of getting things done in this world...either for good or for awesome. Whatever you choose for your motivation is inevitably what motivates everything you do. Whether your motivation is your family, your fame, your image, your selfishness, your love for humanity, love for the earth, or your pride it is all up to you to decide. Autism is so close to my heart right now that any help we can afford for Jaden we just might do.

Jason and I use to live off of $20 a week in New York City his first year of law school. I would walk everywhere rather than spending the $2 to go one-way to anywhere. We ate the bare minimum and going out to dinner for fun was going to 34th St. and eating at Wendy's. That was an $14 excursion with food and subway for both of us.

Now I find myself at the stores compairing the price and the necessity of the item to the price and necessity of Jaden's therapy. My indulgences always loose. I always hear my voice echo in my head, "Sorry, Jaden, you can't have therapy thay may help you learn today because I need another pair of shoes and a blouse which I already have a closet full of."

But we still can't afford the best teatment and schools for autistic children which would definitely help Jaden. That is where despair creeps in.

No comments: