Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Parachute. ....Check?

Okay, tomorrow is the day. The day I jump into the deep end of the pool without any knowledge of how to swim...and with major stomach cramps (from eating of course). Will I survive? Will I be able to afford it? Who knows.

So tomorrow morning we start training our hired (students) instructors and me to do ABA therapy.

As of right now we can afford about 1/2 year, hopefully, of therapy for our two little babies (The Cookie Stealer and Curly Sue). Therapy is short for at-home intensive 40 hour-a-week ABA program for Jaden and RDI program (soon to figure out more details of this therapy. It is still just letters to me) for Brinn. Whew! I'm tired already.

We can't afford to give our little ones a future they deserve and will get (Gosh Darn It!) and own the roof above our heads. So as most of you know I have to sell my Barbie Dream House. . . and my Dream house :) in order to afford it. But of course we are still waiting for my dream house to sell. It is funny that now my dream is to have my dream house to be someone else's dream house. Isn't life interesting. Well, at least you know I love my kids more than the roof over my head.

But despite the lack of funds we will be going ahead with the two programs. I'm going to do all I can to save and get money (cutting/coloring my own hair..Aaah!, eating dirt and beans, re gift old wedding presents, cutting off legs and sleeves of winter clothes to make summer clothes for the kids--I'm not kidding, sell my house :(, lose weight so I can fit into more clothes I already own, and other fun tid bits of cutting corners and stealing them to get more money). And then I hope God will bless us...maybe he'll bless someone else at the same time by helping them find their dream home.

But for every $10 Jaden gets 1 hour of therapy. So 50 cents is starting to look like a lot to me. I now take the trouble to bend over and look like a cheapskate in front of everyone in order to pick up a penny.

So until our parachute opens (selling our home) we are free falling into the abyss of bankruptcy. Some people end up hitting that chapter 11 (or Title 11 according to US code-just ask Jason) sidewalk, but until then we have faith that our chute will open.

No comments: